RE: [IP] Novolog Versus Humalog

Any possibility you have a bottle of insulin that isn't quite up to par?

Margo

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Alicia Kost
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2003 9:10 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Novolog Versus Humalog

Just my .02.  I was forced to switch to Novolog recently because my
insurance decided that Novolog was cheaper.  I have had to increase my
basal rates (as much as .from 7 to 1.0) and boluses (from 1:10 to 2:10) on
this insulin.  I also get more itchy sites and swelling than on
Humalog.  It seemed everyone was having better luck on Novolog, so I wanted
to give the other side.  I have not gained weight recently (actually lost),
and I have not done anything different from Humalog.  I actually had a few
older bottles, switched back and got the better results again.
Alicia, type 1 20 years, pumping 5, minimed 508