[IP] E21

I got an "E21" message on my pump (MM Paradigm) this morning.  I came in to
work, and after about 1/2 hour my pump alarmed with "Low Battery".  No
problem;  changed the battery and then the pump screen displayed "6", "7",
and then "E21".  I was able to clear the error but needed to reprogram my
pump.  I called Minimed tech support and got right through, and the tech
said it was a software error and they would overnight me a pump for Saturday
delivery (which is fantastic).  My only questions is why did this happen?
The tech's only answer was that the pump got "confused" and therefore
reverted to the default settings.  This makes sense, but what confused my

Justin Turner