Re: [IP] New medication for Type 2

In a message dated 8/15/03 1:33:48 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Has any one heard of a new medication for Type 2 that fights weight gain
> and offers better control.  My wife heard about on some new program, it
> was new type of injection.  I did an internet search but can't find
> anything about it.

Metformin is the only type 2 oral medication that helps with better control
and does not contribute to weight gain, but it isn't new.

You may be thinking of amylin, which is still in trials. When it becomes
 abailabel, it will be called Symlin. It's an injectable and will be for both
1 and type 2. Amylin is naturally ocurring in the body, but is not present in
manufactured insulin.

Jan and ElvisToo