[IP] Re: Rare newborns spur pioneering use of insulin pumps

Rare newborns spur pioneering use of insulin pumps
By Lucy Beaumont
August 15, 2003

<snip>  This incredible coincidence - the babies are unrelated, with Mason
born in
Darwin and the second baby in Melbourne - has allowed doctors to pioneer the
of insulin pump technology in newborns.<snip>
The pager-like device, with an in-built syringe and line feed under the
is programmed to deliver insulin as needed. "Nobody anywhere would be using
in these very tiny babies," Professor Werther said.>>>

With a little sleuthing, I have determined this article is from Australia.
Have they not heard of our own Bridget Roe's Maverick colt Roe who began
pumping at 10 days of age? His story is in my PictureTrail of pumps.

We must never let a good story be ruined by facts ~ Gerald Mann