[IP] 3 minutes to give life saving shot?

Hi Folks,

I overheard someone last night talking about how a friends daughter went into
a diabetic coma and they only had 3 minutes to give a life-saving shot (I was
assumining they were talking about glucagon).  I didn't know if they were
talking about a high blood sugar coma or a low blood sugar insulin reaction.
This 3 minute rule was news to me.  Has anyone heard of this before?  I really
wish I could have joined in on the conversation but I was eavesdropping!

Generally speaking when people talk about "diabetic comas" are they referrring
to low blood sugars?  I'm always confused by that term.  Hopefully someone can
set the record straight for me!