[IP] Re:Trying pumps

At 1:01 AM -0500 8/15/03, probent wrote:
>     You may be the ideal person to give a consumer's( short timer) report
>since few of us have been able to sample so many. Three pump tests are the
>most that I can remember being used before a purchase.        Peter

I tried four.  The Dana Diabecare II, the Disetronic D-tron, the
Minimed Paradigm and the Animas R1000.    The Deltec Cozmo and the
Nipro Amigo had not been released by the time I made my decision or
they would have been tried also.  Anyone who buys a pump without
trying a few may be in for a rude awakening.  What you are told by
others (users and reps) and what you experience can vary greatly.  I
would NOT make a decision on a brochure or video alone.  It is only
by operating a pump (with saline) that you will understand how that
pump will fit in your life.

TRY before you BUY!