[IP] Switching to Novolog

 Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 08:39:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: Christina H <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Help- question about Novolog.

Hello All, I have JUST now switched from Humalog to Novolog. My Endo.
that the Novolog may help me with some unusual high blood sugars I have
having. I'm very interested in hearing from anyone who's made the switch
Humalog to Novolog or vice versa, and what your thoughts are on both
Which has been more effective for you? Also, for those of you on Novolog,
me what your thoughts are. I just hope this insulin can help me out!
can't wait to hear from ANYONE-- Christina

     I switched my daughter to Novolog at the recommendation of a fellow
mom.  I was having problems with her quick sets giving out on me.   I
switched around the end of June.   It's been great!!!   Her sites have
lasted me the entire three days (actually, plus more but they tell me to
change sets after 3 days).  As far as her numbers (which is NOT why I
switched to Novolog), they have also been better too.   But, her numbers
were flying high on me with the Humalog because the sets were giving out
early on me. Some site changes would give out before 48 hours!!    So, I
don't know if her better numbers are due to the set lasting or the
Novolog actually keeping the numbers more stable.  (Maybe it a combo of
both!!)  Good Luck!