From: George <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 20:51:18 -0500
Subject: Re: [IP] Why Cigna Claim was denied

At 4:51 PM -0700 8/14/03, <email @ redacted> wrote:
>Cigna claims that they only do insulin pumps for Type 1 Diabetes who
>are Level 2.
>First what is Level 2?
>The next step is a peer review on the phone and we do not know if >the
doctor wasn't do that (that was per his insurance guru).
Can your doctor explain what "Level 2" is? If he can't, then the Ins.
Co. is using BS (and I don't mean Bgs) on you. I recall some definition
like "Juvenile Diabetic, Type A", but don't recall the specifics of
that. "Level 2" sounds like something an insurance company claims
department would think up for dealing with difficult denial of claims.
Tell them you are already to "Level 3" and if your diabetes is not
brought under control before school starts you are liable to have them
investigated for unfair claims practices. Level 2 = Hogwash