Re: [IP] Why Cigna Claim was denied

At 4:51 PM -0700 8/14/03, <email @ redacted> wrote:
>Cigna claims that they only do insulin pumps for Type 1 Diabetes who
>are Level 2.
>First what is Level 2?
>The next step is a peer review on the phone and we do not know if
>the doctor wasn't do that (that was per his insurance guru).

Can your doctor explain what "Level 2" is?   If he can't, then the
Ins. Co. is using BS (and I don't mean Bgs) on you.   I recall some
definition like "Juvenile Diabetic, Type A", but don't recall the
specifics of that.  "Level 2" sounds like something an insurance
company claims department would think up for dealing with difficult
denial of claims.  Tell them you are already to "Level 3" and if your
diabetes is not brought under control before school starts you are
liable to have them investigated for unfair claims practices.
Level 2 = Hogwash