[IP] Re: Minimed Paradigm Pump

>     I used a 507 for 4 years and I do recall that REWIND was referred to
> one of the screens when the pump screw was to be retracted before the
> loaded reservoir was put into the pump.   Peter

HUH????? There ain't no such thing on my 506 screen nor my 507C. How does
the pump know you're changing sites and removed the reservoir for it to tell
you to rewind???? It does have a prime feature, but sorry, no REWIND. If you
are going by memory then can you check your old manual or your old pump? My
507C manual gives a full page (p.18) of instructions on installing the
reservoir and infusion set.
Step 4: Slide the two driver arms toward the reservoir so they rest on
either side of the squared-end of the reservoir plunger (Figure 10). Push
both arms so the end of the plunger is firmly between them.
Step 6: Using the Prime feature, program the pump to deliver 5.0 units of
U-100 insulin. Watch the insulin droplets form at the infusion set needle
tip to indicate the reservoir is properly inserted into the pump and the
space or *slack* between the driver arms and the reservoir plunger is taken

The word REWIND is not mentioned AT ALL in the manual. None of the pictures
in the manual 132 pages) even shows a screen with the word REWIND. It is the
user's responsibility to be sure there is no slack remaining between the
levers/arms and the reservoir or there will be no delivery of insulin for
quite awhile until that slack is eliminated.

My computer's mission in life is channeling solicitations for body part
enhancements ~ Carol Elliott