RE: [IP] sugar alcohols

email @ redacted wrote:

<<< I have to question you on the Splenda thing. Splenda is not any form of
actual
carbohydrate.  What they did was modify the sugar molecule (sucrose,
actually)
so that the body is unable to digest it (they form sucralose out of it).  It
leaves your body completely intact.  No digestion of Splenda takes place at
all.  I'm curious how you are managing to find Splenda raising your BGL
since
it never converts to glucose in any way shape or form, unlike sugar
alcohols,
etc.>>>

Even the splenda packets have almost a full gram of dextrose.  Only the pure
sucralose (600 times sweeter then sugar) has no effective carbs.

Rabbi Hirsch Meisels
Jewish Friends With Diabetes