Re: [IP] !!! Help Please!!!

My physician is the one that suggested it to me. I did the research on the
pump (minimed, cozmo, deltec, diesatronic, dana, ect) he filled out all the
paperwork for a mini med for that is what we came up that would be the best
one for me. I have had a C-Peptide done it was NEGATIVE (should be after over
25 years of being a type 1 diabetic since age 3). I have been in and out of
hospital for the last 10 years because of diabetes and diabetes related
complications. Two weeks ago I ended up in hospital with a 11 mg/dL on the
paramedics metre (yeah, and I was just waiting for food to come. so I could
eat). Medicare/Medicaide have determined that I can stabilize my sugars just
fine on the Lantus/NovoLog (NovoRapid) as I would on the pump. hence why they
will not pay for one. but they said in the letter that I got yesterday, that
if I was able to afford the pump on my own, they would cover the cost of the
tubing and supplies... go figure (and you gotta take in to fact that Medicaide
does NOT pay for the Lantus - I do, for I am on a HMO, and they have
determined that Lantus (insulin glargine) works just as good as NPH (neutral
protamine hegadorn)... so go figure...

Rebecca (Becca)