Re: [IP] High blood sugars and coffee

At 08:43 AM 8/14/03 -0400, you wrote:
 >>I ask because I experience what I call the "haul your lazy butt out of bed
 >>and get moving"  blood sugar spike.  Regardless of what I eat or drink in
 >>the morning--and even if I eat or drink nothing--I experience a dramatic
 >>spike in blood sugar about 1-1/2 hours after rising.
 >funny... i think the same thing, might be happening to me, but, the idea
 >of a "morning without the coffee", so as to determine it,
 >is simply to undesirable, to be worth proving.
 >is this different, from "Dawn Phenomena" ??

Yes, it's very different from dawn phenomenon, which I also
experience.   For me, dawn phenomenon happens no matter how early or late I
get up in the morning.  There is a predictable rise in my blood sugar in
the early morning hours.  My basals are set to cover this.

The "haul your lazy butt out of bed and get moving"  blood sugar spike only
happens when I have to do just that--get up before I am fully rested.  When
I wake to the alarm clock, I see the spike; when I awaken on my own, I don't.