Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 19:38:00 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
From: "Carla Logan" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] question about changing insulin

Can anyone tell me if there are any negatives in changing from humalog to
novalog on the insulin pump?  My son is 7 years old and we have been
for about a month and a half.  We have used Humalog since his dx in July
2002 with no apparent problems.

We have had good basal values and good bolus values on the pump until the
past 2 weeks.  By 48 hours, we are seeing really high numbers (in the
and are correcting with boluses to get us to the 3rd day.  To further<!
BR>complicate matters, we have been eating a gluten-free diet due to a
recent dx of celiac disease for the past couple of weeks.  His high
could be the result of absorption changes as his intestines are healing.

I guess, bottom line, is we have been told by our doc that we can try and
change his insulin to see if that helps and I want to make sure that is a
change before we jump right to that.