RE: [IP] sugar alcohols

> Cheri, can't assume that...I'm a type II and ALL carbs, even green leafy ones
>affect me. However, green leafy ones affect me the least of all. If it is a
>sugar alcohol, I have to act as if it is sugar as well...just like you would.
>For example, if I am baking with Splenda, I have to count it as a carb
>depending on the amount I am using.Liz

 I have to question you on the Splenda thing. Splenda is not any form of actual
carbohydrate.  What they did was modify the sugar molecule (sucrose, actually)
so that the body is unable to digest it (they form sucralose out of it).  It
leaves your body completely intact.  No digestion of Splenda takes place at
all.  I'm curious how you are managing to find Splenda raising your BGL since
it never converts to glucose in any way shape or form, unlike sugar alcohols,

 Having said that...there are SOME carbs in the Splenda used for baking that are
the result of the corn starch that they "dilute" it in.  So, you SHOULD count
those carbs.  But Splenda as found in commercial products such as Diet Rite,
etc., should have no affect on BGL.