Re: [IP] calculating grams of CHO in IV solution

>>I am having major surgery on Sept. 10 and am hoping
they will use glucose free IV solution, but in case
they insist on using glucose, does anyone know how to
calculate the grams of carbohydrate in the dextrose

The Standard Dextrose solution used by Hospitals contains 5% Dextrose.
There are 50 Grams of Dextrose / liter of 5% Dextrose.

 >>If you are not eating for an extended period of time, you will need the
dextrose as your only source of Carbs.
Has anyone had major abdominal surgery (i'm
having a myomectomy, not laparoscopic, but via
lapartotomy ?  How long until I can eat?<<

Being a guy, No I have not had a myomectomy.
 It's been awhile since I've provided Postoperative care but how long until you
eat is determined by your own physical condition, the size of the myoma, how
long until you have bowel sounds and your surgeon's protocals.
I suggest you discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Good Luck & I hope everything goes well.

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!