[IP] Re: Reporting to the FDA

  Ellen, that's a very good point. Several years ago the reporting forms
that I received ( through the mail) were for medical professionals. The FDA
was interested in specifics and potential life-threatening incidents. So I
was discouraged in reporting a meter brand that repeatedly gave false low
readings ( much worse than 20%). I got the impression that the manufacturer
was also to submit life-threatening failure and malfunction information
directly to the FDA. The on line reporting is a great change.
    I often wonder if our unreported troubles are not being 'swept under the
rug.'    Peter