[IP] Re:question about Novolog

At 12:16 PM 8/13/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello All, I have JUST now switched from Humalog to Novolog. My Endo. thinks
>that the Novolog may help me with some unusual high blood sugars I have been
>having. I'm very interested in hearing from anyone who's made the switch from
>Humalog to Novolog or vice versa, and what your thoughts are on both insulins.

I switched to Novolog last year because my sites usually became irritated
on Humalog, and sometimes got infected too. When I began using Novolog I
was pleased to see plain, unirritated, uninfected tiny dots instead of sore
red spots after removing cannulas, sites lasting longer, and much less
scarring. I was also pleased with the reduction in my insulin use. It
caught me a little off guard at first...my basals came down from around
.7/.8 to around .6/.7, and my carb ratio came down around 10% as well. Its
action is just a little slower and I mostly notice that when trying to
bring down a high BG. If your unexpected highs are from irritation or
infection at the site then you might be sensitive to Humalog and the
Novolog might eliminate them...good luck!

Laura G.