RE: [IP] sugar alcohols

 --- On Wed 08/13, Cheri McCurdy < email @ redacted > wrote:

 From: Cheri McCurdy [mailto: email @ redacted]To: email @ redacted:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 21:21:51 +0000Subject: [IP] sugar alcoholsI read this article
and was just wondering.....I keep hearing that sugaralcohols don't effect
diabetics blood sugars. I assume that this is type2? Should type 1's count all
of the carbs? Just curious? Cheri
 Cheri, can't assume that...I'm a type II and ALL carbs, even green leafy ones
affect me. However, green leafy ones affect me the least of all. If it is a
sugar alcohol, I have to act as if it is sugar as well...just like you would.
For example, if I am baking with Splenda, I have to count it as a carb depending
on the amount I am using.Liz