RE: [IP] first day of humalog!

 --- On Wed 08/13, Justin Daubenmire < email @ redacted > wrote:

 From: Justin Daubenmire [mailto: email @ redacted]To:
email @ redacted: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:09:14 -0400Subject: [IP] first
day of humalog!Hi All.My first day of taking humalog is here!I got tested at
6:30 AM this morningwas 134. I used an insulin to carb ratio of 1:13. I drew a
shot of my firstdose of H (going on pump in 2 months)!! ate my breakfast and 2
hours laterbgs was 145. I then checkedthe 3 hour mark and was 92. Question,
since I dropped from 145 to 92 in 1hour, do you think 1:13 is a good ratio even
though I spiked up to 145 2hours past eating breakfast? Justin
 Justin, I'm with the others on letting it ride for a few days to see a pattern.
However, I would test at the 1 and 2 hr PP mark. You need to see exactly where
where YOU peak. Remember, this is your body, your science experiment. And as the
saying goes, YMMV. Just because others may peak at 3 hr, doesn't mean you will.
I did happen to read in one of the Diabetes Forecast Letters to the kids (and
no, I can't find it now cause it was AGES ago) that your 2 hr PP was suppose to
be within 20 points of where you started before your meal. And that is what *I*
always try to do. As far as the 2 hr PP being a *magic* number, I do have a
citation for it: http://care.diabetesjournals.org/cgi/content/full/24/4/775 and
it also explains, for those of us who might still be confused (like I usually
am) as to when to start counting the 2 hours, :) Just remember, this is a new
type of insulin to your body...give it a few days to see where you are going
with it before making big adjustments. Liz