[IP] morning basal change

Well, first of all, I'm surprised the instructions are to change your basal
rate ONE hour before.  Typically, I've heard you need to change it 2 hours
before the rise, which is what I do.

And, you should change your rate from when the rise BEGINS.  So, in your case,
the rise practically begins at 7:40, and rises during that next hour.

So, using your 1 hour instruction, that would mean changing your basal rate
starting at 6:40.  (So, 7:00 is probably the closest time, but likely you'll
have to increase it one hour earlier.)

My basal rate increases starting 2 1/2 hours before I typically wake up.  This
prevents the rise that I otherwise would see as a result of waking up.  (The
 act of waking up and starting to move will trigger the body to release a bit of
glycagen, etc., in some people.)  For me, I have found that if I test RIGHT
away, while I'm still in bed, and then test again 15 minutes later after I've
been moving around, I'll see a dramatic rise already in just 15 minutes.  For
you, it is possible that you went from 98 to 145 within the first 20 minutes,
but didn't test until 8:40.