[IP] Magnetic fields

Hi, I will be starting my Animas pump on the 18th, I am a little (OK a
lot) nervous and have even had some anxiety attacks the past few weeks.
But I am determined to get pumping.  My question is does anyone know if
strong magnets affect the pump?  I work in a library and our materials
are all "stripped" with magnetic sensors which we de-magnetize using a
large magnetic devise, or re-sensitize using a magnet  Sometimes my watch
will be off several minutes after working around the magnet devise.
Also, we use a security gate like airports have, is that also safe to
pass through while wearing my pump?  My doctor was wearing her paradigm
pump while driving through the Black Canyon, and it went totally dead.
The support people said maybe it was because of a large magnetic area or
something??? --- Melissa Haynie--- email @ redacted EarthLink:
The #1 provider of the Real Internet.