[IP] morning basal change

Hi all,
I am doing a morning basal check and as I have never done this before,
I'm unsure of what to do next.  At 7:40am my BG was 98.  At 8:40, it was
144.  I did not eat anything this morning.   My directions said if BG
goes up between 20-30 points, then change basal by .1U/H 1 hour before I
saw the change in BG.  When should I change the rate, at 7:30?  My
morning basal starts at 7:00am.  Sorry that I'm so thickheaded, I just
don't understand this very well.
Joni Dx'd 2/01, Paradigm