[IP] Re: insulin and airport x-ray scans

I just got off the phone with the medical department at Novo-Nordisk
regarding this issue.  The rep I spoke with said pretty much the same thing,
BUT said it isn't necessarily the heat generated by x-rays that may cause
the insulin to break down, but something about the process of x-raying
itself that affects the protein molecules.  So even if it's in a cold pack,
it may still be compromised so it's not recommended that it pass through the
x-ray machine.  She also said there was no actual scientific proof of this
but a general theory.  So it's better to be safe than sorry and have your
insulin hand-inspected by security.