[IP] Re: overdelivery - was: digest V7 #455

>>>  my doctor felt it was more risky for a pumper not to have glucose
because "suppose the pump malfunctions and give you more insulin."  I told
him that that was not possible and that in 4 years I had never had anything
like that happen.>>>

This doctor did not keep up with the evolution of pumps. Pumps at first did
overdeliver and cause major problems. That was a selling point on the newer
versions as they came out. Pumps also used to deliver the meal boluses at
mealtimes. When medical people who are not directly involved with DM and
pumps, etc., learn of the new devices and the problems, that part sticks
with them. Things have changed. Greatly!

Not only do we need to educate, but re-educate, like Sugar Diabetes = no
sugar can be ingested. NOT!

If you're all wrapped up in yourself, you are overdressed. - Kate Halverson