Re: [IP] Insulin, X-Rays, and heat

In a message dated 8/12/2003 9:33:55 PM Alaskan Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
> Yes, insulin can be damaged by heat; but, in my opinion the X-rays used in
> airports for screening do not cause an appreciable heat buildup.
> It would be helpful if someone could provide us with a reputable source of
> scientific information confirming the quantity of heat increase in a 10 cc
> vial of insulin carried within luggage that is going through one, or more,
> airport X-ray security checks?
This must be my week for humor, but the amount of heat can't be all that bad,
and the exposure is very short as my chocolate never melts. However, I am
 interested in the more scientific view, if anyone has any to share. I am always
willing to learn.

Tina H.