[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #455

CeeDee said "I think the hospital personnel are not use to short acting
insulins.
I bet too many times NPH or another long acting insulin has snuck up on them
while the patient is on the table"
Yes I think this is true and I think I forgot to mention in my original post
that my doctor felt it was more risky for a pumper not to have glucose
because "suppose the pump malfunctions and give you more insulin."  I told
him that that was not possible and that in 4 years I had never had anything
like that happen.  I'll see the CDE next Monday and talk to her about it but
the surgery is so short that I will probably just compensate for the glucose
like I did last time.  I'll see the CDE next Monday and talk to her about
it.

Laurie