[IP] Re: Accutane

I took Accutane for about 6mos, when I was ~18. I remember the
nose bleeds, the dry eyes (which I'm still having problems with
20yrs later), dry skin (ditto), etc. Never again!!! That medicine
is harsh on the system. If I had it to do over again, I would
choose some other way to treat the acne. Oh yeah...and I don't
have diabetes, but my 13yo does. I don't think there is a link to
her getting diabetes though...she had numerous autoimmune
assaults on her little body starting from birth that I think
gradually led to her diabetes dx at age 6 (no family history of
it, she's the "lucky" first to get it that we know of, going back
to the 1600's in some branches of our tree. But who really

Take care, Kerri, mom to Shannon-13, dx 11/96, pumping 11/99
w/HTron, getting a Cozmo in a day or so!!!, and 7 other blessings
"If money doesn't grow on trees, then why do banks have

Dustin said:
Do you have any family history of diabetes?  The only problems I
had while
taking it was nose bleeds.