[IP] Re: boiling glass syringes

>>>In the old days for me (late 50's), I used to have to carry graham
in waxed paper and an old amber pill bottle full of Welch's grape juice.  I
sure did feel different for a seventh grader. >>>

It was 11/50 for me and I always carried candy - probably wrapped
butterscotch pieces.

okay) and get so confused I
wouldn't even take the grape juice. >>>

Wasn't *okay* blue = negative (for sugar)? I remember seeing a few blue
tests, but not often. Besides, that was 4 hours after the fact. We did
*void* then wait a half hour and collect a *fresh* one. The TesTape that
came out later was better in that we could hold it in the stream but it
still turned pretty dark!

>>> I spent two weeks at the hospital learning how to give
a shot to an orange and how to boil my urine sample. >>>

hmmmm - I never had the boil kind of test - used Clinitest right off the bat
in '50. I can't believe they (Bayer) still makes than thangs - gave me one
for my 50th DM anniversary BASH - with unexpired tablets!

Doors marked PULL reduce the speed of those who push before they read