[IP] Re: DME Coverage for Tape

I faced the same issue on getting more test strips. My HMO's formulary is
 150/month and I need 250/month. My doctor agreed to contact the IPA that needs
approves nonstandard requests and soon after I received the script for 250.
Just because something is formulary doesn't mean it can't be overridden. Start
first by discussing it with your doctor. It seems you have a medical need that
should be considered.

I am also waiting to hear whether my insurance will consider my request for
acupuncture since nothing else seems to be helping my frozen shoulder. It will
be interesting to see whether they grant it since alternative medical services
are not covered.

Bay Area
IDDM 31 years MM508 3 years