[IP] Re: boiling glass syringes

I was diagnosed at age 8 in 1963.  I remember taking my "stuff" to school and
explained to the class all about diabetes and the art of giving shots!  I do
believe I got an A for my efforts also.  It sure helped the other kids and the
teacher know about diabetes.  I never had trouble in school until I got to
 the 7th grade and my bg was so high I was like a walking zombie in the halls. I
ended up in the hospital for a month and dad with no insurance!!!  Same thing
when I was diagnosed at age 8, no insurance.  Man, I was a costly child!!!!