[IP] Re: numbing cream??? never heard of it...

>>> i have been pumping for almost a year, but have never heard of any
"numbing cream... Can someone please explain WHAT it is, where i can get
some, does insurance cover it, and does it work?? REALLY??? The thought of
changeing site wouldn't be so bad if i had some of this cream... some parts
of my body don't seem as painful as others, but i like to move site to
differant places often, and lower ab is more tender... Love the thought of
this cream!>>>

The Emla Cream is Rx-only in the USA, but it is presently off the market
until the company can come up with an acceptable child-proof container. It
is kind of expensive but works well for me (2 hours lead time) for the
insertion of two 15g needles in my forearm for dialysis 3x a week. I have NO
problems with the insertion of the infusion sets, but there are other ways
of numbing - like an ice cube, cold soda pop can, Zylocaine spray, Ela-Max
cream that may work for your infusion sites.

Hope you can find something to help.

As I said before, I never repeat myself.