Re: [IP] Re: DME Coverage for Tape?

I just recently received my quarterly order from MM.  United Healthcare will
not pay for my tape or wipes, I've been on the pump for two years, its never
been a problem before.  The first of the year I now have a copay for test
strips ($30) and my insulin (Novolog) is not on the formulary so I pay $50
every ninety days for insulin.

It might be of interest to those that have United Healthcare~I was told that
my test strips and syringes are covered under my DME benefit at no cost to
me, instead of my pharmacy benefit through Merck-Medco.  The only hitch is
finding a DME supplier that handles the particular product that you use.  I
had a tough time finding a DME supplier that handles test strips for my
Ultra.  I finally found a place called the Medicine Shoppe in Dearborn, MI.
After supplying me for six months, the pharmacist is trying to talk me into
a Freestyle, because she doesn't get as big a break from Lifescan that she
does from Therasense.