Re: [IP] DME Coverage for Tape?

In a message dated 8/9/2003 12:07:39 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> MM just informed me that their contract with my insurance (United
> Healthcare
> through Dell computers) no longer covers tape or IV prep, only my sets and
> resevoirs.. well I'm a bit confused by this as my insurance supposedly
> doesn't have a "cap" on D related DME supplies.. so shouldn't tape and the
> IV prep be covered?

I have an HMO ins.  They won't cover any tape or preps.  For some reason,
 they paid for them last year, but when I questioned the ins on that, they told
they had made a mistake and they shouldn't have paid.  They do still cover
infusion sets at 100%.

The girl that covers the Diabetic DME at our ins is a diabetic herself and is
familiar with the tapes and preps.  My ins wouldn't budge on the issue.

Julie   (please save your cancelled postage stamps.  Leave a 1/4-1/2 inch
           border around the stamps and mail them to:
           Mr Maynard Guss    9593 NW 26th Place  Sunrise, FL  33322.
           Please indicate these stamps are for ASAP.
          This is an on-going fund-raiser for an organization called ASAP.
  <A HREF="www.asap4sm.org">www.asap.org</A> My daughter has Chiari, a rare
brain disorder)