Re: [IP] Grand Canyon mule ride

email @ redacted asked:
>Has anyone done the Grand Canyon mule ride wearing
>their pump?  If so, did you have any problems?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, you all KNEW I'd answer:

1)  I have NOT done the mule ride, but I have HIKED
the G.C. wearing my pump (no other way to do it).
Bright Angel trail (probably same trail you will be

2)  No problems whatsoever.  Never even considered I
might have any.

What kind of problems were you thinking might occur?
I ride horses (but not mules) and can't think of
anything that might be a problem with being on a mule
instead of a horse.

If you're worried about the heat - then get a Frio
wallet for your pump & insulin.

YMMV, of course - but I've traveled around the world
(1st through 3rd world countries) in or on planes,
trains, automobiles, bicycles, skis, and feet (am sure
I've missed some modes of transport here) WITH my pump
EVERYWHERE.  I've never considered taking it off for
ANYTHING.  Can't even imagine *thinking* I'd need
to...  it's PART OF ME.

Have a GREAT TIME in the Canyon.  You'll LOVE IT!!!

-gail in denver

Do you Yahoo!?