Re: [IP] !!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll have to excuse my piss poor typing.  I have had to deal with this
issue while working for a major corporation.  Presented my case without
an attorney and in turn my job was given back to me with back pay, full
insurance benefits and a pay increase.

Now I'm not saying that it's not difficult, because it is.  All of us
know that being diabetic is a big black mark when it comes to
employment, but if you can perform your duties then you have just as
much right as the next person to have that position.

How many of us would be where we are today if we let diabetes get in our
way?  Good day   Scott

>>> email @ redacted 08/07/03 08:13 AM >>>
On 8/6/03 10:45 PM, "Scott Huber" <email @ redacted> Demonstrated stellar
typing skills by writing:

> Alright I can relate to occasional diabetic problems, but you have to
> take responsibility for them and you are protected by the Americans
> disabilities act, so they can't fire you on that alone!!!  Good luck

I have to chime in here. Employers have every right to hire who they
I myself have no complications from diabetes, but my age (47) and my
eyesight trouble from birth has been a major barrier to even getting

Yes, they CAN fire you on that alone, especially if your job duties are
adversely affected.

Whether these 'problems' are complications, or something in the day to
lifestyle ("What do you mean, 'you need a break to eat'? You can't!
too busy!") or the fact your diabetes involves company insurance and
liability issues etc, the workforce as a whole stinks right now for
everyone, diabetic or not.

Yes, we may well have the Americans with Disabilities, Act, but it is
the hardest to prove, and you won't find many lawyers out here anyway
would take on  an ADA case.