[IP] Too much insulin?

Hi folks.

I have an odd question no ones been able to answer
for me yet. No even when I've asked the doctors this
they are baffled.

I'm an odd one to start with. (well maybe) It seems if
I take too much insulin, I don't have radical lows like
most do, I have radical highs. I was running mid 130-140's
with a .8u/hr basal rate, and 10:1 carb/insulin ratio.
I dropped my ratio down to 12:1 today i've had 14.1u
my basal is set like this: 12am - .5u/hr / 2am - .8u/hr / 5am - .7u/hr
(16.7u/per day) now on that setting, i'm doing about 140-160gm
carbs a day basal is about 55% .. bolus is 45% ... my daily averages
are about 115-120. while i'm not complaining, i'm confused. why is
it, I can get lows on a lower amount, but if I overshoot, I go high?
yes, i've sat and tested like every 15mins to try to catch a "low"
figuring my liver dumped.

just any thoughts to help me (lol, or lie to me) figure out an explaination
would be appreciated.