Re: [IP] The joke of sugar-free foods

email @ redacted wrote:

<<<I get frustrated with all of the marketing of sugar-free foods out there
that
are still loaded with carbs.  Sure, they took out the sugar, but replaced it
with another carb that still affects the BGL.  Sure, the sugar alcohols may
affect the BGL a bit more slowly...but the end result is the same for the
Type
1 at least.>>>

I've been following the advice from Hope Warshaw in her book "Complete guide
to carb counting" to cover only half of the carbs of the sugar alcohols, and
they have worked very good with my BG's.

Good luck with your campaign with the FDA :-)

Rabbi Hirsch Meisels
Jewish Friends With Diabetes
www.FriendsWithDiabetes.org
www.KosherLowCarb.org