RE: [IP] Insulin reaction to plastic

 --- On Fri 08/08, Artorius Rex < email @ redacted > wrote:

 From: Artorius Rex [mailto: email @ redacted]To:
email @ redacted: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 12:37:17 -0700 (PDT)Subject: RE:
[IP] Insulin reaction to plasticUmmmm, I'm tellin'.I use my cartridges 3 times
before I change them and my infusion tubing atleast twice (I order combo packs
of sites, 10 sites/5 tubes). Either theComforts that Animas sells have a special
non-insulin reactive plastic inthem that doesn't interact with insulin, or your
CDE is taking too much of the info out there as gospel. Maybe some people have
problems and other don't.To play it safe, they have to tell you this crap. =) Of
course, YMMV.I'm not changing!-Brent--- margo2 wrote:> Under Clogs; "Insulin
and the plastics in reservoirs and infusion sets are> not totally compatible.
When clogs occur, insulin comes out of solution and> crystallizes, usually
near the end of the infusion line, or out-of-sight> inside the teflon tubing
at the end."> > Above this they discuss problems with!
  clogging, stating that the most common> cause of clogging is a low infusion
rate, leaving the pump in suspend mode> for lengthy periods and bad insulin.
They also list reuse of reservoirs and> infusion sets as increasing the risk
of clogging.
 Thanks, Margo & Brent...especially since I've got the Animas sitting right
behind me at the moment. Can't wait to be using it! It's like the syringes and
lancets issue! Liz

Express Yourself - Share Your Mood in Emails!
Visit www.SmileyCentral.com - the happiest place on the Web.