Re: [IP] The joke of sugar-free foods

 --- On Fri 08/08, Anita C. Goode < email @ redacted > wrote:

 From: Anita C. Goode [mailto: email @ redacted]To: email @ redacted:
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 14:26:49 -0500Subject: Re: [IP] The joke of sugar-free foods
  Now, possibly, ifyou're insulin resistant, other carbs don't affect you like
sugar carbs -I don't know. She told me that the sugar free candy doesn't raise
herblood sugar like "real" candy. If she's right, and the sugar-free stuffis
better for her, then good. Anita
 Anita, take it from a SEVERELY IR PCOS type II...a carb is a carb is a
carb...regardless of what kind it is when it comes to anything that isn't green
or green and leafy, or a fruit like apples and such in their RAW state! I can
eat nice pretty veggies and salads and even some fruits (raw) and my bg's will
stay nice and pretty but, with the exception of a potatoe, I can't have the rest
without help from my trusty humalog pen!!! Even the potatoe needs some help,
just not as much help. Amazingly enough, my meter tells me that the lowly
potatoe is a very acceptable food for me. I just wish rice was...I REALLY miss
my rice. I grew up on it. :( And now I have to treat it as a TREAT!
 I tried to explain the *sugar free* concept to my mother in law who was raising
my oldest stepdaugher (the one with type I). I would buy plain vanilla ice cream
as an occasional treat, she insisted on the sugar fee stuff. I showed her the
same brand, same vanilla flavor, but one sugar free and one not...mine was 2
carbs less than hers. And mine tasted SO much better. But she still insisted
that she HAD to buy *sugar free*! Oh well...what's that about leading a horse to
water but you can't make them drink? Liz

Express Yourself - Share Your Mood in Emails!
Visit www.SmileyCentral.com - the happiest place on the Web.