[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #446

>> The pump doesn't offer me any advantages with respect to diet
>> flexibility. On MDI with Ultralente and Humalog, I was able to eat
>> what I wanted when I wanted.

> And the pump DOESNT enable you to do that ???????

Well, of course it does.

I made a *comparative* statement. The pump offers no advantages for me
with respect to diet flexibility, but there's certainly no
disadvantage, either.

I love my pump and wouldn't go back to MDI, but that's got nothing to
do with freedom to eat the way I want. The advantage of the pump for
me is the ability to respond quickly to BASAL changes. Diet is a
question of BOLUS changes and I never had a problem bolusing
appropriately under MDI.

regards, Andy