RE: [IP] family history?

At 12:16 PM 8/8/03, Liz wrote:
>  My husband's oldest is a type I and to their knowledge, no one in their
> family
>has ever been a type I. Yes, there is diabetes in the family but as a type II.
>Where the type I came from is a total mystery. But we know it has to be there
>somewhere in the shrouds of his genetic history. Liz

There is Type 2 in my family (cousins).  My dad was diagnosed with diabetes
in his late 50s and even though he did not fit the profile for Type 2 (not
overweight, very thin, actually), he was put on pills for a short time and
then quickly went to insulin until he passed away from a heart attack at
the age of 64.  He also had a stroke in his late 40s which he completely
recovered from.  Brain aneurysms are prevalent in my family on my father's
side also.  My sister and I are the only diagnosed Type 1s.  (I still
believe that my father was a late onset Type 1, rather than Type 2.)  But
out of lots of cousins and aunts and uncles, no other Type 1s, just a
couple Type 2s.  Type 1 is a mystery for a lot of us.

dxd 1963
pumping 2000