[IP] re: basal and skipping meals

<<<<<<<From: "Justin Daubenmire" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] basal and skipping meals
Hi all.
Here is a question for anyone who might have an answer.
On the pump, carb counting, it gives you the flexibility of eating
pretty much when you want. I am on insulin shots, three a day, and soon
to be pumping in about 2 months. I am on ultrelente and R right now. In
about 1 week I'll be going on humalog combined with the UL til I get my
pump in a few months.
While I wait for my pump, Can I have the flexibility of eating when I
want like someone on the pump if I am using UL for the basal and humalog
for quick acting til I get my pump? Do I still have to stick to an exact
time schedule of eating meals?

I can't say anyone else's experience with this BUT I was on ultrelente
and humalog for a year before I started pumping and was able to be
flexible with my eating similar to what I am with the pump.  This is
what my endo had me doing at the time and it worked fairly well for me.

pumping since 08-00