RE: [IP] family history?

>>> After all, a diabetic doesn't actual die of diabetes but of the
complications brought on BY diabetes or old age (hopefully). And the death
certificate would list *heart attack*, *stroke*, *renal failure*, etc as the
actual cause of death. Now, in the case of the renal failure, you can be
sure of the cause of it.>>>

OOOps - more assumptions. 42% of dialysis patients are DMers. What about the
other 58%?????? Looking at a death certificate of those would very wrong to
assume DM. There are many causes for renal failure: Glomerulonephritis
(immune or autoimmune), Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension, Pyelonephritis
(recurrent kidney infections), Polycystic kidney disease (congenital),
Tubular / interstitial nephropathies (urinary blockage, infection,
drug/chemical toxicity),
as well as Unknown causes.

DM may be the *heaviest* percentage, but certainly nothing to be *sure* of
on a death certificate unless noted.

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who went peacefully in his
sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car. -- Author Unknown