[IP] keep it cold?

Ok, have been on the pump about 10 months.. My endo says to keep extra suppy
of insulin in frig, but the bottle that i am using for my pump, can stay out
at room temp for 28 days... So i keep my opened bottle in my purse with extra
sets and needles in case of emergancy... I mark my opened bottle so i know
when to throw it away, if i ever had any left after those 28 days( i never
have any left anyway)_Is this correct, about room temp? if it is, then why are
they selling frios wallets for pumps? We plan on a trip to Florida( we live in
Pa) next month, so i did order the small wallet for my insulin, since we will
be driving, to keep spare insulin cold, but do i need the pump wallet? I have
never seen anyone with a "cool pump " before....Isn't it bad to put cold
insulin in your pump, or in your body??
Sorry so long...thanks for any help!