Re: [IP] Accutane email @ redacted

In a message dated 8/7/03 8:44:14 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Hi, I do not have a family history of diabetes at all.  My husbands mother
> is
> newly diagnosed with type 2,  but I"m sure it's from unhealthy eating and
> lack of exercise.

Hey, forgive me, but I'm tired of this "it's all your fault" attitude about
type 2. It has a very strong genetic component. You can engage in unhealthy
 eating and not exercise all of your life -- which, BTW, *most* people are
of -- and not get type 2 diabetes. You have to have the genes for it.

Jan and ElvisToo