From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Justin
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 3:48 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] basal and skipping meals

Hi all.

Here is a question for anyone who might have an answer.

On the pump, carb counting, it gives you the flexibility of eating pretty
much when you want. I am on insulin shots, three a day, and soon to be
pumping in about 2 months. I am on ultrelente and R right now. In about 1
week I'll be going on humalog combined with the UL til I get my pump in a
few months.

While I wait for my pump, Can I have the flexibility of eating when I want
like someone on the pump if I am using UL for the basal and humalog for
quick acting til I get my pump? Do I still have to stick to an exact  time
schedule of eating meals?