Re: [IP] Re: Diabetic dog diet

Margo, why don't you check the dog's BG?   The meter should work
reasonably accurately with dog blood, I suspect.

<<<<<<Ryan, how much of a rise do you ever see with a really high-protein meal?
I'm not talking high-fat, just high protein. The reason I am asking is
for.......the dog.....:) There's not a whole lot of research re diabetes in
the veterinary community. He can't tolerate any commercial dog foods so my
vet and I have come up with feeding him chicken, green beans, and a little
mixed vegetables. Dogs, by the way, are pretty much like humans when it
comes to this disease