[IP] long life with diabetes

In a message dated 8/6/2003 10:47:31 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> scares me..will I make it to 60?

I have to share this story, just had my birthday last week, turned 41.  My 14
year old daughter and I had lunch together and I told her that I was a bit
 concerned about my retinapothy and how it made me wonder how long I was going
be able to live with diabetes, that I was hoping for 60 at least.  Her remark
"Oh mom, of course you'll make it to 60, your almost there already".  We had
a good laugh, gotta love kids,