RE: i [IP] Insulin Carb Ratio

>But, I find, like Wayne, that if I eat an exclusively protein meal, I tend
see little rise in BGLs. But, that is conditional...but if I eat a LOT of
protein, then I will see a rise several hours later.

Ryan

Ryan, how much of a rise do you ever see with a really high-protein meal?
I'm not talking high-fat, just high protein. The reason I am asking is
for.......the dog.....:) There's not a whole lot of research re diabetes in
the veterinary community. He can't tolerate any commercial dog foods so my
vet and I have come up with feeding him chicken, green beans, and a little
mixed vegetables. Dogs, by the way, are pretty much like humans when it
comes to this disease.

Margo